Education & Training – CODAAP
Accredited Education Courses:
- Substance Use Issues (SUI) in Youth & Community Work Course, QQI / FETAC Level 5, in conjunction with Cork College of Commerce. The SUI course promotes good practice amongst those working in a paid or voluntary capacity with young people or communities affected by substance misuse. Delivered on Tuesday evenings 7-10pm, over 22 weeks of the academic year, from September to April. Includes add on Child Protection and SafeTalk training. Open for applications from April to August.
Short Term Skills Based Training Courses & Family Support Interventions:
- Parent to Parent Training Programme (P-2-P): A 16 hour programme for parents of 7 to 12 year olds, usually delivered over 4 sessions. P-2-P supports parents to guide their children through adolescence. [LINK: P-2-P information leaflet & application form]
- How to Argue Better (H2AB): An 8 hour course to help parents / adults manage conflict constructively, reducing negative impacts on children. Usually delivered over 4 sessions. [LINK: H2AB information sheet & application form]
- 5 – Step Programme: A confidential evidence based one-to-one support programme for family members or concerned persons affected by a loved ones drug or alcohol use. Usually delivered over 5 sessions. [LINK: 5 Step information sheet & contact number]
- Family Support Programmes: 4-10 week facilitated group support programmes for family members or concerned persons affected by a loved one’s drug or alcohol use. To access a family support programme for a group of concerned persons contact CODAAP.
- Young Person’s Programme: A 10 module activity based programme that supports development of coping skills in young people [aged 12 – 17] affected by drug or alcohol use in the home. Contact CODAAP to arrange a programme for a group of affected young people.
Community Drug & Alcohol Library:
- The library facilitates community access to information on drugs and alcohol. The facility liaises closely with several educational institutions and stocks over 700 texts including academic, self help, family support, research & policy. Library Membership Leaflet
- Check what’s in stock by visiting our online database.
- All welcome, visits by appointment 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday. Contact CODAAP to book an appointment.Find out more with the
- Free lap top and wifi available to users.