Who is the Service for?
Cork City Partnership provides a range of supports to individuals seeking employment in the city. Our Employment Service is specifically focussed on supporting people to enable them get back into the workforce or to access short education and training courses to help them up skill and improve their job prospects. We provide practical support, advice, guidance and information relating to employment, training and welfare to work options. We operate SICAP, Local Employment Service and Tús.
What services are provided?
- An opportunity to listen and gain an understanding of your circumstances
- Offer support and information so that you can consider all of your options
- Support and guide you back into the workplace
On-going support in your search for employment includes:
- CV Preparation and Cover Letters
- Preparing for interviews
- Support in filling out application forms
- Support in looking at welfare to work options
- Online job applications
Information on training and education opportunities include:
- Education and Training information
- Registration for SOLAS courses
- Referral to employment programmes e.g. Community Employment, Tús
- Information on available financial supports including Back to Education Allowance, support grants, VTOS etc.