Local Employment Service (LES)
The Local Employment Service is one of our main programmes and it is a service specifically focused on supporting unemployed people to enable them get back into the workforce or to access short education and training courses to help them upskill and improve their job prospects. The LES provides practical support, advice, guidance and information relating to employment, training and welfare to work options.
What Services are provided?
- Our one to one meetings with you gives us;
- An opportunity to listen and gain an understanding of your circumstances
- Offer support and information so that you can consider all of your options
- Support and guide you back into the workplace
- On-going Support in your Search for Employment includes;
- CV Preparation and Cover Letters
- Preparing for Interviews
- Support for filling out application forms
- Support in looking at welfare to work options
- Information on jobs include;
- Access to job vacancies
- Access to employer contacts
- Information on training and education opportunities include;
- Education and Training Information
- Registration for SOLAS courses
- Access to employment programmes e.g. Community Employment, Tús,
- Information on available financial supports including Back to Education Allowance, support grants, VTOS etc.
This service runs from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
Cork City Local Employment Service has been operated by Cork City Partnership since 1996.