Our Spring Community Education Brochure is now available, featuring community education courses and a number of certified courses. Courses will run in community locations across the city.
To enrol please call in to one of our Outreach Offices or contact Margo Hayes 087 1962023. See the link below for full course brochure
CCP Courses Spring Brochure 2019
- Courses are short, designed as a first step in retuning to learning, with the option of referral to follow on courses.
- There is a wide range of courses to choose from in a number of community locations.
- Courses are free to eligible participants. Participants will be asked to complete a registration form to demonstrate eligibility.
- Community development approaches are used to ensure that the learning environment is supportive.
- Places allocated to eligible participants on a first come basis.
- Courses will only proceed if sufficient numbers register.
- Venues used fort courses will have universal access where possible. Some venues may have limited disability access for people with mobility issues.
- ETB funded courses are available subject to funding approval.
Who is eligible for these courses?
- Disadvantaged Women, People Living in Disadvantaged Communities, Lone Parents, Low Income Workers/Households, The Unemployed, People with Disabilities, The Disengaged from the Labour Market (Economically Inactive), Disadvantaged Families, Older People, New Communities, Disadvantaged Young People (18-24), Roma, Travellers.
Places for this event are limited, register now at:
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cork City Partnership and the Ballyvolane Community Association are holding 3 community consultation events in the Ballyvolane/Dublin Hill area.
We invite you to come along to tell us what the needs and issues are in this area.
Wednesday 26th September – St. Oliver’s Church, Car Park, 11.00am – 4:30pm
Thursday 27th September – Lidl Car Park, Ballyhooly Road, 9.30am – 5:30pm and in Glen Rovers, GAA Club, Ballincollie Road, 6:30 – 8:30pm
We want to hear from you!
If you have any questions or can’t make it on either day and would like to give some feedback, please contact: Ann Long – Community Development Worker on 087 1308913 or email: Along@partnershipcork.ie
HAVE YOUR SAY
Our Autumn Community Education Brochure is now available, featuring community education courses and a number of certified courses. Courses will run in community locations across the city.
To enrol please call in to one of our Outreach Offices or contact Margo Hayes 087 1962023. See the link below for full course brochure.
CCP Course Brochure Autumn 2018
In addition to our short courses, the brochure includes details of a Certificate In Mental Health in the Community course, that we will run in Knocknaheeny in January 2019, in partnership with UCC, Mental Health Ireland and Gurranabraher Credit Union. The information session for this course will take place on Wednesday 10th Oct at 10.30am in the Knocknaheeny Outreach Office .
YMCA Ireland requires a Youth Information and Advocacy Worker (p/t) for our Youth Information and Advocacy Service (Cork City and West Cork)The post involves the delivery of youth information and advocacy services to young people in the Cork City and West Cork area using a number of methodologies. These include digital and social media, publications, signposting, one on one advocacy and public advocacy. This will be done by ensuring effective networking both between YMCA programmes and services and external agencies.
The successful candidate will have a relevant third level qualification and have at least two years’ experience working with young people in a formal or informal context. The post holder will be expected to be in sympathy with the aims and purposes of the organisation as reflected in Challenge 21.
This will be a part time post (21 hours / week).
The salary scale for the post will be YMCA Scale A2 €31,047 (pro rata).
Job description and application form available on www.ymca-ireland.net/jobs
Closing date for receipt of application forms is Wednesday 19 September 2018 at 5:00pm.
Shortlisting will Apply
NVR is an 8 to 10 week programme running Wednesday mornings from 19th September to 28th November 2018.#
Time: 10am to 12 noon Place: 46A Sprigg’s Road Gurranabraher
This NVR Programme will be delivered by trained NVR Facilitators, Michael Collins and Mella Magee.
Michael Collins is a Youth Worker and Mella Magee is a Community Development Worker with Cork City Partnership. Both Michael and Mella are experienced facilitators in the delivery of parenting and NVR programmes.
For more information or referral to this NVR programme contact either of the facilitators.
Mobile: 086 008 0963
Tel: 021 4302310 Mobile: 087 196 2022
NVR brochure _FINAL_ MM & MC_2018
Commencing September 2018
- Substance Use Issues (SUI) & Community Work Course (QQI Level 5) in conjunction with Cork College of Commerce. The SUI course promotes good practice amongst those working in a paid or voluntary capacity with young people or communities affected by substance misuse. Delivered on Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm to 9.30pm over 22 weeks of the academic year, from September to April. Includes add on Child Protection and SafeTalk training. Open for applications from May to August.
For further details see: SUI Course Brochure 18-19 and
Substance Use Issues Community Work App 18-19
or Contact Jackie in CODAAP for more information.
The Partnership Post Summer 2018
Are you interested in representing your area on Cork Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force?
If yes, you or a representative of your community group are invited to a meeting on community representation in the SOUTH Centre of Cork City on the Task Force (CLDATF) on the 10th May 2018.
*Cork South City Centre includes Middle Parish/Evergreen Street, City Hall A, Greenmount, Turners Cross A, South Gate, Gillabbey A, City Centre A & B.
The community meeting will have a presentation on the work of community reps on the CLDATF, a discussion on the rep role & the opportunity for you to participate in change in your Community?
Poster advertising community rep info meeting_South Parish 10 May 2018