It’s National Volunteering Week, 12th – 18th May.
Friendly Call Cork is indebted to our wonderful volunteers. We wish to acknowledge the great work of volunteers on Friendly Call Cork. Without our volunteers, it would not be possible to offer this valuable service to our many clients. Our Friendly Call volunteers brighten the days of over eighty individuals with a daily phone call.
Friendly Call Cork is a free phone call service for people living alone and is available in the Cork City area to older people and anyone feeling lonely, isolated or vulnerable.
Friendly Call Cork operates 5 days a week; Monday to Friday and will check that all is well with you or a loved one.
- Your Friendly Caller will chat to you about your day and will check on how you are feeling
- The service provides friendship and security making you feel safer at home
- If you do not answer the phone, the Friendly Caller will phone a member of your family, neighbour or friend
The Friendly Call Service is available to:
- Older People or Individuals who may feel lonely, isolated and vulnerable
- People with Chronic Illness
- Anyone who cannot engage in an active way in the wider community
We also run a bi-monthly Afternoon Tea event which gives both clients and volunteers to meet and chat face-to face over tea and cakes! We recognise that a number of our clients really appreciate a social outlet; the Afternoon Tea Event enables a client to come along to an event and to meet people in a similar situation in a relaxed environment.
We currently have a number of volunteering opportunities available with Friendly Call Cork.
- To ring clients on our Friendly Call Service to check in with them, make sure they are okay and chat to them about their day etc.
- Basic Computer Skills needed
- Commitment required – 3 hours weekly, morning or afternoons available, Monday to Friday
- References and Garda Vetting required
Please contact Brenda at 021 430 1700 or at 087 636 6407 for further information or to request an application form.
Friendly Call Cork
CorkCity Partnership Gurranabraher Outreach Office
Parochial Hall, Knockfree Avenue, Churchfield, CORK
Mob. 087 636 6407 or Tel. 021 430 1700