Our Cork City Partnership Spring Community Education Brochure is now available, featuring community education courses and a number of certified courses. Courses will run in community locations across the city.
To enroll please call in to one of our Outreach Offices or contact Margo Hayes 087 1962023.
See the link below for full course brochure
- Courses are short, designed as a first step in returning to learning, with the option of referral to follow on courses
- There is a wide range of courses to choose from in a number of community locations
- Courses are free to eligible participants*
- Community development approaches are used to ensure that the learning environment is supportive
- Places allocated to eligible applicants on a first come basis
- Courses will only proceed if sufficient numbers register
- Venues used for the courses have universal access where possible. Some venues may have limited disability access for people with mobility issues
Who is eligible for these Courses?
- Participants will be asked to complete a registration form to demonstrate eligibility and can include; People living in disadvantaged communities, People impacted by educational disadvantage, People living in jobless households or households where the primary income source is low-paid and/or precarious, People who are long-term unemployed, People with a criminal history, Refugees, International Protection Applicants, People with Disabilities, Heads of One-parent Families, Travellers, Roma, Island residents
- Thematic Focus Areas; Older people in isolation, Refugee and migrant rights and integration, Climate action and the just transition, Addiction, Homelessness, LGBTQI+, Youth, Gender