The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2023 provides funding to tackle poverty and social exclusion at a local level through local engagement and partnerships between disadvantaged individuals, community organisations and public sector agencies.
All beneficiaries of Cork City Partnership programme support must belong to one of the 13 SICAP target groups which are:
The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) is co-funded by the Irish
Government, through the Department of Rural and Community Development, and the European
Social Fund Plus under the Employment, Inclusion, Skills and Training (EIST) Programme 2021 -2027.
Goal 1: Supporting Communities
To support communities and target groups to engage with relevant stakeholders in identifying and addressing social exclusion and equality issues, developing the capacity of Local Community Groups and creating more sustainable communities.
Goal 2: Supporting Individuals
To support disadvantaged individuals to improve the quality of their lives through the provision of life-long learning and labour market supports
– Focus on personal development of individuals; develop capabilities and potential, build human capital, facilitate employability, and enhance quality of life
– Free Community Education
– Courses including arts & crafts, personal development,
– Provision of outreach third level courses in local community areas
– Pathways to education – accredited and unaccredited
– Help with IT skills and digital skills.
– Access to IT facilities including computer and printer at our Outreach Offices.
– Providing employment supports and training courses to.
– One to one mentoring, CV preparation, Job search
– Referral to education & training courses
– Technical skills training in applying for jobs online.
– Specialised Employment Training– Safe pass, HACCP, Manual Handling, Security
– Supports to develop a business idea and business plan.
– Business advice and guidance » Help to apply for the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance
– Information on volunteering opportunities
– We work in many different areas in Cork city including The Glen, Blackpool, Fairhill/Farranree, Churchfield/Gurranabraher, Knocknaheeney, city centre and Togher.
– Through our SICAP Community Development Team we can provide support to local community groups and individuals.
– Supports to Early Years providers in Cork City
– Supports for Primary School Homework
– Supports for Secondary School Supervised Study
– Supports for Secondary School Supplementary Tuition
– Supporting Traveller Education
– Midterm and Summer Camps
– Events for International Women’s Day, NonFire Nights, Christmas Tree Lights Events,
– Job Supports
– Community Education
– Start your own business/Social Enterprise
– Personal Development Supports
– Family Day Trips/Activities
– Integration Events