Education & Training – CODAAP
The Substance Use Issues & Community Work Course 2022 / 23
Modules: Understanding Community Development 5N1901 & Substance Use Issues for Youth Work 5N2176
Students who complete The Substance Use Issues & Community Work Course 2022 / 23 will receive a QQI Level 5 Component Certificate (In association with the Cork College of FET – (Night Classes), Morrison’s Island Campus, Cork City.
- About the Course
The Substance Use Issues & Community Work Course 2022 / 23 is designed to promote good practice among those who work (in a paid or voluntary capacity) with young people and communities who are affected by various issues.
- Learning Outcomes
The course aims to provide a critical perspective on some of the issues that affect young people and their communities and encourages the development of coherent responses at individual and organisational level. The components (Understanding Community Development and Substance Use Issues) should support the ability of learners to work safely and effectively in youth and / or community work settings. The programme also aims to provide the participants with the necessary knowledge regarding applicable supports systems, both within and outside their communities.
- Duration & Venue -The course will be run over a one year academic period on a Tuesday evening from September to April (20 weeks) online and onsite in the Cork College of FET – (Night Classes), Morrison’s Island Campus, Cork City.
- Cost – €130 for each successful applicant. For further information on course tuition fees contact: Jacqueline Daly, Cork City Partnership.
- Entry Requirements-
Applicants must send the relevant application form to Cork City Partnership by Friday 26th August 2022. Be 21 or over (Jan 2022). Attend a pre-entry information session 6th September 2022 (evening). Attend a pre- arranged interview 13th September 2022 (day) in Cork City Partnership or online [TBC]. Have Leaving Certificate or its equivalent. Applicants are also expected to be active participants in the community in either a voluntary or work capacity.
For further information on any of the above or to request an application form contact:
Jacqueline Daly, Cork City Partnership on (021) 430 2310 / 087 – 1962030 or email: email@example.com
Short Term Skills Based Training Courses & Family Support Interventions:
- The Parents Plus Adolescent Programme is a 9 week group based programme for parents of adolescents. The programme is an evidence based parenting course promoting effective communication and positive relationships in families with adolescents aged 11 to 16 years. Contact: Mella on 087 -1962022 or Jackie on 087 1962030 for further details
- How to Argue Better (H2AB): An 8 hour course to help parents / adults manage conflict constructively, reducing negative impacts on children. Usually delivered over 4 sessions.
- 5 – Step Programme: ‘A confidential, evidence based support programme for family members or concerned persons affected by a loved one’s drug or alcohol misuse. Delivered over 5 sessions in one-to-one or group format. We are currently recruiting for an online 5 Step programme beginning 5th November. Click Notice 5 Step Family Support Group programme_Nov 2020 for details. For further information on the 5 Step programme click 5 Step Info Flyer_2020 or contact Mella Magee
- Family Support Programmes: 4-10 week facilitated group support programmes for family members or concerned persons affected by a loved one’s drug or alcohol use. To access a family support programme for a group of concerned persons contact CODAAP.
- Young Person’s Programme: A 10 module activity based programme that supports development of coping skills in young people [aged 12 – 17] affected by drug or alcohol use in the home. Contact CODAAP to arrange a programme for a group of affected young people.
Community Drug & Alcohol Library:
- The library facilitates community access to information on drugs and alcohol. The facility liaises closely with several educational institutions and stocks over 700 texts including academic, self help, family support, research & policy Library Membership Leaflet
- Check what’s in stock by visiting our online database.
- All welcome, visits by appointment 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday. Contact CODAAP to book an appointment.Find out more with the
- Free lap top and wifi available to users.