Education & Training – CODAAP
Accredited Education Courses:
Substance Use Issues & Community Work Course (QQI Level 5) in conjunction with Cork College of Commerce.
This course promotes good practice amongst those working in a paid or voluntary capacity with young people and communities who are affected and impacted by various issues.
Venue: Cork College of Commerce Campus, Morrison’s Island Cork City and online via Zoom
Tuesday evenings – 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Course Duration 20* weeks [September to April]
Open for applications from May to August 2021
For further details see:
Application Closing Date: Friday 27th of August 2021
English Language Assessment – [only for those who don’t have access to Education or English language Certification]: Tuesday 7th September 2021
Pre-entry Information Session: Tuesday 7th September 2021 [evening]
Interviews (by invitation only): Tuesday 14th September 2021 [day]
The Substance Use Issues & Community Work Course 2019/20 (QQI Level 5) Graduates will receive a QQI Level 5 Combined Component Award.
Duration: September 2021— April 2022
When: Tuesday 6.30. — 9.30 pm (evening)
Venue: Cork College of Commerce Campus, Morrison’s Island, Cork City and online via Zoom
Course Modules: (1) Understanding Community Development & (2) Substance Use Issues for Youth Work.
Course fee: €125
Graduates will receive a QQI Level 5 Combined Component Award.
Contact: Jackie 087 1962030 or email@example.com for further details.
Short Term Skills Based Training Courses & Family Support Interventions:
- The Parents Plus Adolescent Programme is a 9 week group based programme for parents of adolescents. The programme is an evidence based parenting course promoting effective communication and positive relationships in families with adolescents aged 11 to 16 years. Contact: Mella on 087 -1962022 or Jackie on 087 1962030 for further details
- How to Argue Better (H2AB): An 8 hour course to help parents / adults manage conflict constructively, reducing negative impacts on children. Usually delivered over 4 sessions.
- 5 – Step Programme: ‘A confidential, evidence based support programme for family members or concerned persons affected by a loved one’s drug or alcohol misuse. Delivered over 5 sessions in one-to-one or group format. We are currently recruiting for an online 5 Step programme beginning 5th November. Click Notice 5 Step Family Support Group programme_Nov 2020 for details. For further information on the 5 Step programme click 5 Step Info Flyer_2020 or contact Mella Magee
- Family Support Programmes: 4-10 week facilitated group support programmes for family members or concerned persons affected by a loved one’s drug or alcohol use. To access a family support programme for a group of concerned persons contact CODAAP.
- Young Person’s Programme: A 10 module activity based programme that supports development of coping skills in young people [aged 12 – 17] affected by drug or alcohol use in the home. Contact CODAAP to arrange a programme for a group of affected young people.
Community Drug & Alcohol Library:
- The library facilitates community access to information on drugs and alcohol. The facility liaises closely with several educational institutions and stocks over 700 texts including academic, self help, family support, research & policy Library Membership Leaflet
- Check what’s in stock by visiting our online database.
- All welcome, visits by appointment 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday. Contact CODAAP to book an appointment.Find out more with the
- Free lap top and wifi available to users.